I've had over 10 years experience working in the digital media industry. Below is detailed history of who I've worked for and how I've evolved within each opportunity including some of the clients I've helped, projects I completed, and the positions I've held.
San Francisco, CA
Computer Software, eLearning
Inkling builds software that empowers frontline employees and helps organizations turn their plans into action. Inkling is a mobile-first solution that puts actionable information into the hands of the frontline, when they need it, on any device.
November 2018—Current | Full-Time
- Research and develop an industry standard of best practices for digital document design, Authoring Experience Design (AXD), and content architecture.
- Consult with clients to develop their learning goals. Discuss the client's various pain-points and determine what solutions will alleviate them through well designed content.
- Research and present to the client what their brand identity is and how it will be applied to the Inkling platform in various content use-cases.
- Collaborate with content strategists to determine the best organization and treatment of the client's intellectual property through digital document design principles.
- Design for AX (Authoring Experience) using web-design principles and techniques. This includes modifying the Inkling platform with HTML, CSS, SASS, XML, and other proprietary software to ensure the authoring environment would produce only client-branded content in all instances.
- Create the design and technical writing for Inkling's proprietary software in the form of iterative documentation.
- Work with the Inkling people & culture team to create employee SWAG/merchandise.
San Francisco Bay Area
Hospitality Marketing & Websites
OptiRev optimizes all revenue sources and channels for hotel operation. Success comes from proven strategies, best practices and a consistent effort in increasing the value of an asset. OptiRev is to be the leading hospitality digital marketing company in each of the markets served.
Lead Designer & Director of Website Development
June 2018—November 2018 | Full-Time
- Lead and direct design projects. Design and develop assets for clients, internal marketing and branding initiatives. Research and develop a company-wide visual standard.
- Lead and direct the web team. Manage website projects, web service deliverables, research and development.
- Establish and maintain client relationships.
- Aid executive team with internal operations, employee and client on/off-boarding processes, project management, and related administrative tasks where needed.
August 2016—June 2018 (2 years) | Part-Time
- Consulting strategist for company services, branding, and operations.
- Additionally, I am a supporting website developer, designer, and SEO specialist.
Web Team Manager
January—August 2016 (8 months) | Full-Time
- Review employee tasks and hours to properly distribute workload to stay within a specified work-scope.
- Communicate with clients to keep business relationships healthy and affluent.
- Initiate, develop, and implement various web services: CMS Maintenance, OnPage SEO, OffPage SEO, SEM Research, and more.
- Assist with company operations and business development.
- Sustain a lead role for all website development projects, while fulfilling additional roles such as content developer, web developer, or tester.
- Preparation of website content and media for deployment of new websites.
June–December 2015 (6 months) | Contractor
- Provide routine optimization of website content and utilize tools such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, PageSpeed Insights, or Bing Webmaster Tools to increase user sessions and conversions.
- Suggest and assist with the development of quality website content and user experience. Suggest improvements to marketing campaign or changes to client website dependent on user data.
- Design and/or develop mobile-friendly email templates using HTML and CSS in MailChimp.
Founded by Marv Soiland in 1962, Soiland Company is a second-generation family business based in Sonoma County. Soiland manufactures and sells aggregate rock, soil, compost, and mulch products from three locations: Stony Point Rock Quarry, Grab N’ Grow, and Soils Plus.
Visual Designer & Website Specialist
March 2018—Current | Contractor
- Designed, developed, and deployed a series of WordPress websites for all sister companies. Each website was interconnected with a parent-child theme system and individually branded.
March 2015—March 2018 (3 years) | Contractor
- Enhanced the consistency of company branding and marketing assets by improving designs for business cards & email signatures.
San Francisco, CA
The Design Working Group is small and selective class of students working intensively and collaboratively as a design studio that designs materials in print and digital formats for the SF State University community.
January—May 2018 (5 months) | Internship/Practicum
- Participated in group critiques and collaborative design processes.
- Corresponded with clients and helped facilitate project management.
- Worked on projects involving poster design, signage design, and editorial design.
Internet, Dental and Medical
PBHS is the ADA Member Endorsed website design and marketing services provider for dental, dental specialty, and medical communities. PBHS is a full service marketing agency that provides website design, SEO, social media marketing, online reputation management, graphic design, practice branding, PBHS TruForm™, Launch Chat (live online chat), ADA TV, Silent Partner TV, TruForm, SecureMail, Launch Survey, and referral marketing services. PBHS is also endorsed by the AAE, ACP, and more than 30 state and national societies.
January 2012—June 2015 (3 years) | Full & Part-Time
- Created interactive landing pages using Photoshop mock-ups/assets for Google AdWord campaigns using Bootstrap, HTML, CSS, and jQuery.
- Provided routine website maintenance to hundreds of clients simultaneously.
- Updates included changes to website content (HTML), styles (CSS), behavior (jQuery), editing images, modifying flash media, adding or improving responsive design capabilities—on both legacy HTML and responsive WordPress websites.
- Facilitated the SEO department’s marketing committee to create content for monthly campaign reports. Contributions to the project involved planning and copy writing for blog posts.
Product Support & Trainer
September 2011—December 2012 (1 year) | Full-Time
- Provided technical customer support and training for clients using WordPress websites and iPad software applications.
- Fabrication and implementation of software documentation for iPad application.
- Included a basic website built with HTML & CSS, copy writing, and supportive visual media for clients.
Non-Profit, Youth Arts Program
Artstart is an award-winning privately incorporated 501(c)3 non-profit educational arts organization serving all of Sonoma County. Artstart is financed by public funds, grants, private donations, and commissions, and has made a significant impact in our community by creating over hundreds of public art benches, murals and installations. We work in a partnership with governmental agencies, nonprofit organizations, large corporations and small businesses. We provide inspiration to young artists and create a sense of ownership and pride in our community.
Graphic Designer/Web Developer
September 2011—2013 (2 years) | Contractor
- Improved website accessibility, load time, and performance by replacing outdated flash media with HTML and CSS.
- Designed and developed unique landing pages for annual auction events.
- Included a jQuery photo gallery and option to buy tickets online via PayPal.
- Established a plan and design for marketing to clients, prospective hires, and community, utilizing a series of brochures targeted for each demographic.
Summer 2007, 2008, 2009 (3 years) | Part-Time
- Assisted with the design process for various murals, signage, and art pieces.
- Participated in the coloring, painting, and installation process of various art projects.
Journalism, Marketing, and Media
BYU-I Comm Student Media is a BYU-Idaho practicuum course for students in the journalism, content-creation, and internet industries. Students work together in a corporate-like organization to serve real clients in the greater Madison County region.
Junior Graphic Designer
January–May 2010 (5 months) | Internship/Practicum
- Designed dozens of newsprint advertisements for the student newspaper "The Scroll".
- Designed client documents and advertising tools such as booklets or brochures.
- Collaborative engagement in creative processes to create campaign ideas and assets.
I've studied at 3 college campuses, and I recieved my B.S. of Graphic Design in 2018. I continue to grow my knowledge through online courses and on the job training.
San Francisco, CA
Visual Communication Design
San Francisco State University, located in one of the world's most vibrant and beautiful cities, is a recognized leader in addressing issues both global and close to home. SF State's pioneering commitment to community and civic engagement is prevalent throughout the curriculum. More than 500 courses combine academic study with community involvement, and our location in a center of business, technology and culture provides a laboratory for community-service projects, work-study opportunities and internships. The University has been named by Princeton Review one of 81 "Colleges with a Conscience," and is classified as one of the Carnegie Foundation's "Community Engagement" institutions.
Bachelor of Science: Visual Communication Design
- Graduated with Honors, Spring 2018
- Senior Honor Roll, College of Liberal & Creative Arts, Fall 2017
- 1st Place, Best in Class: GreenThumbs App,
DES 324 Oral Competition, Fall 2017
- 1st Place, Best Hack to Reduce Online Harassment Award, SF Hacks (Major League Hackathon), March 2017
- 1st Place, Best Beginner Award, SF Hacks (Major League Hackathon) March 2017
Student Organizations & Events
- Co-Founder & Treasurer of Occult Club at SFSU, Spring 2017–2018
- Member of INCubed, Spring & Fall 2017
- Member of AIGA, Spring 2017
- Participant, Undergraduate Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activities Showcase, Spring 2018
- Participant, SF Hacks, Spring 2017
Computer Science, Art
SRJC is dedicated to the democratic ideal of making higher education accessible to all, and this college community works to ensure a positive and inclusive experience for students and staff alike.
Computer Science Certification: Web Graphic Designer
- Principles of Screen Design
- Advanced Web Graphics
- Computer Studies Internship
- Web Design CSS/Graphics
Computer Science Certification: HTML Web Content Developer
- Cascading Style Sheets
- HTML and CSS 1 & 2
- HTML5 Interactive Websites
- Flash Web Animation
Graphic Design, Advertising
BYU-Idaho seeks to create a wholesome learning environment in which students can strengthen their commitment to receive a quality education that prepares them for leadership in the home, the community, and the workplace.