Skills & Expertise
- Graphic, Print Design
- Brand Design
- Information Design
- Website, UX/UI Design
- Web Development
- Responsive Design
- WordPress Theme Development
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Social Media Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Project Management
- Business Operations
- Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- HTML, CSS
- Versioning Software: SVN, Git
- MaterializeCSS, BootStrap
- Google Analytics, Search Console
- SEM Rush
Certification, Education, and Training
B.S. in Visual Communication Design
Expected Spring 2019 | San Francisco State University
- Student Organizations: AIGA, INCubed
Web Graphic Designer
May 2013 | Santa Rosa Junior College
HTML Web Content Developer Certificate
December 2012 | Santa Rosa Junior College
Work Experience & Employment
OptiRev, LLC | Santa Rosa, CA | August 2016—Present
- Consulting strategist for company services, branding, and operations.
- Additionally, I am a supporting website developer, designer, and SEO specialist.
Web Team Manager
OptiRev, LLC | Santa Rosa, CA | January—August 2016
- Review employee tasks and hours to properly distribute workload to stay within a specified work-scope.
- Communicate with clients to keep business relationships healthy and affluent.
- Initiate, develop, and implement various web services: CMS Maintenance, OnPage SEO, OffPage SEO, SEM Research, and more.
- Assist with company operations and business development.
- Sustain a lead role for all website development projects, while fulfilling additional roles such as content developer, web developer, or tester.
- Preparation of website content and media for deployment of new websites.
OptiRev, LLC | Santa Rosa, CA | June—December 2015
- Provide routine optimization of website content and utilize tools such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, PageSpeed Insights, or Bing Webmaster Tools to increase user sessions and conversions.
- Suggest and assist with the development of quality website content and user experience.
- Suggest improvements to marketing campaign or changes to client website dependent on user data.
- Design and/or develop mobile-friendly email templates using HTML and CSS in MailChimp.
Soiland, Co | Cotati, CA | June 2015—Present
- Enhance consistency of company brand and marketing by improving designs for business cards and email signatures.
PBHS, Inc | Santa Rosa, CA | January 2012—June 2015
- Created interactive landing pages using Photoshop mock-ups/assets for Google AdWord campaigns using Bootstrap, HTML, CSS, and jQuery.
- Provided routine website maintenance to hundreds of clients simultaneously.
- Updates included changes to website content (HTML), styles (CSS), behavior (jQuery), editing images, modifying flash media, adding or improving responsive design capabilities—on both legacy HTML and responsive WordPress websites.
- Facilitated the SEO department’s marketing committee to create content for monthly campaign reports.
- Contributions to the project involved planning and copy writing for blog posts.
- Fabrication and implementation of software documentation for iPad application.
- Included a basic website built with HTML & CSS, copy writing, and supportive visual media for clients.
Product Support & Trainer
PBHS, Inc | Santa Rosa, CA | September 2011—Decmber 2012
- Provided technical customer support and training for clients using WordPress websites and iPad software applications.
Graphic Designer/Web Developer
Artstart | Santa Rosa, CA | September 2011—2013
- Improved website accessibility, load time, and performance by replacing outdated flash media with HTML and CSS.
- Designed and developed unique landing pages for annual auction events.
- Included a jQuery photo gallery and option to buy tickets online via PayPal.
- Established a plan and design for marketing to clients, prospective hires, and community, utilizing a series of brochures targeted for each demographic.
Artstart | Santa Rosa, CA | Summer 2007, 2008, 2009
- Assisted with the design process for various murals, signage, and art pieces.
- Participated in the coloring, painting, and installation process of various art projects.
BYU-I Student Media | Rexburg, ID | Spring 2010
- Designed dozens of newsprint advertisements for the student newspaper "The Scroll".
- Designed client documents and advertising tools such as booklets or brochures.
- Collaborative engagement in creative processes to create campaign ideas and assets.
Awards and Recognitions
Social Shape Interspace
Spring 2017 | SF Hacks (Major League Hackathon)
- 1st Place, Category: Best Beginner Category
- 1st Place, Category: Best Hack to Reduce Online Harassment Category
Art Department Senior Award
Spring 2009 | Maria Carillo High School
- Recoginized for achievements in AP Studio Art.
Eagle Scout Award
Spring 2006 | Boy Scouts of America
- Service Project: Building benches for Roseland Elementary School (Santa Rosa, CA)